Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pasta with vodka sauce

I've expanding my collection of pasta recipes, so today I tried this one: Foodwishes Penne Pasta with Vodka Sauce

This is how I made it.


Pasta with vodka sauce, 4 portions (I think)
140 grams bacon
about 125 ml vodka (use a nice one)
about 125 ml cream (add more if you like more creaminess...and heaviness :P)
400 grams passata di pomodoro 
as much pasta as you like
parmesan


Put a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon, I like my bacon kind of crispy. Add the vodka and let it boil a little. Add the cream and reduce it. 


Then add the passata and let the sauce simmer for about 25 minutes. 


Boil pasta and then mix it with the sauce. Add some parmesan and serve. 






I'm not a super fan of parmesan, so I only use a little. Let the cheese really melt into the sauce and pasta, if you're like me, otherwise you're in for a nasty suprise. When the cheese had melted, this is a really tasty dish, with lots of tomato flavour. I like creamy sauces and I used a lot of cream, but now I'm in a food coma...Statistics seem far far away!


No comments:

Post a Comment