Sunday, May 26, 2013

Garlic Pasta (Spaghetti Aglio e Olio)

I love this dish, because it tastes a lot of garlic, which I love and it's quick. I'm still experimenting with the amount of time the garlic needs to be fried, but this is the basic technique: Chef John - Garlic Spaghetti

For the amount of oil I used the following recipe (in Swedish): http://godarecept.com/spaghetti-aglio-e-olio/

Garlic Pasta, 1 person

2 cloves of garlic
20 ml olive oil
some parsley
a pinch chili flakes
black pepper
a little parmesan
pasta (Chef John uses spaghetti, I didn't have it, so I used penne instead until I buy spaghetti :P)

Chop the garlic thinly. Chop the parsley. Grate some parmesan. 


Start boiling the pasta. Put the oil in a frying pan and slowly fry the garlic on medium heat, don't let it burn, you need to be with it all the time. When it starts to get golden, add some pasta water. Drain the pasta when it's done (taste taste taste, I never time my pasta). Put the pasta in a bowl, add the chili flakes, black pepper, add the garlic oil, parsley and the parmesan. Mix well and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment