Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rookworst met Stamppot

Tonight I cooked Rookworst met Stamppot for my Dutch Tandem-partner. It was really easy cooking :)


I used this recipe Zuurkoolstamppot (in Dutch)
So it's basically some potatoes, butter, milk, sauerkraut, salt and pepper.
I boiled the potatoes in one pot and the sauerkraut in another. Mashed the potatoes with some butter and milk, added the sauerkraut, added salt and pepper.
The boiling of the sauerkraut washed away all the distinctive flavour of it and I didn't have the bacon (spekjes) required at home, so the mash was slightly tasteless. Next time I think I'm just gonna fry the bacon and then add the sauerkraut so it gets warm and then mix this with the mash. The Rookworst, a smoked sausage, is one of my favorite sausages, I love the smokiness of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment